FM2010 in Ubuntu and a lot of people entered on my blog searching tips on how to install this superb game in Linux.
So I thought that it would be nice to make a small article where to write the steps to run this game. From the beginning I have to mention that I have used the official site of the Wine Program. What is Wine?
Wine lets you run Windows software on other operating systems. With Wine, you can install and run these applications just like you would in Windows.The site where you can see the steps for installing and running FM12 is WineHQ. But if you want to stay here please read the steps below and install FM12:
- you have to have installed wine program. I have wine-1.5.9 and you can find out which version you have writing in Terminal wine --version. If you don't have installed at all the wine program install it as sudo apt-get install wine.
- mount the FM12 iso file or place the DVD in the DVD/CD drive and install the game with wine Setup.exe
- in this moment FM2012 will be installed on the C drive from Wine Folder.
- run in the Terminal sudo apt-get install stress
- disable Compiz if you have Unity or Gnome 3 or use other window manager.
- run in Terminal stress --cpu number where instead of number write how many CPUs you want to use for this game.
- go in the folder where is the executable for the game and write in the Terminal wine fm.exe
- the game should start
Hope that helps and if not please take closer look on the WineHQ site.